Interior Design / Product Design / Design Project Produce / Design Theory / Brand strategy
- Born in Tokyo, 1951.
- Graduated from Industrial Design Department of Ikuei Technical College.
- Studied design in the United Kingdom (1975-77).
- Mainly engaged in textile and furniture designing in the 80s.
- Engaged projects include major retail stores (Marui, Daimaru, Mitsukoshi, Hankyu, Aeon, etc.), hotels (Tokyu), automobile companies (Suzuki, Nissan, Subaru) and developers (Mitsui Real Estate).
- Established Essence Company in 1993 and L’Epice S.A in 1995.
- Dispatched to Cambodia, Thailand, Laos, India, Brunei and Egypt as an expert by ASEAN-Japan Centre and Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- In charge of the produce of “sozo_comm”, lifestyle-related industry brand development business based onthe Ministry of Economy,Trade and Industry.(2007-2010)
- Produced the exhibition of the companies participating of the “sozo_comm” project. Ambiente(2008), MilanoSalone(2009), Maison et objet(2010).
- Product development of interior goods for the Japanese market in collaboration with the Mekong four countriesof companies as an expert by Japan Institute of Design Promotion and ASEAN-Japan Centre.(2013-2014)
- Produced development of active senior furniture for joint project of JETRO and Thai Ministry of Commerce (DITP).They announced them at IFFT interior lifstyle living.(2015-2016)
- Produced of “LIFESTYLE PHILIPPINES”, at the request of the Philippine Government Trade and Investment Bureau.
- They announced them at IFFT interior lifstyle living.(2018)
Product development and Consulting based on lifestyle marketing for furniture manufacturer, department stores,
specialty shops,mail-order,internet retailor and developers.
President of Company L’Epice S.A
Member of Japan Interior Designer Association
Member of Design Consultant Association
Expert for ASEAN-Japan Centre and JETRO
Director of Japan Furniture Industry Development Association
Advisor of two trade shows,”interiorlifestyle” and “IFFT interiorlifestyle living”.
Back to Index